Camcorder Time-Lapse Control
The following are the unit prices, as you vary the quantity purchased:
All prices are in Canadian dollars. We use the total number purchased (ELM303P + ELM303SM) for the calculation.
The ELM303 is a specialized circuit for creating time-lapse videos on suitably equipped camcorders. The camcorder to be controlled must have a Control L (LANC) port, and also be capable of responding to power control signals. This is usually only available with the mini DIN connectors, and not the 2.5mm stereo plug interfaces.
The ELM303 provides intervals of 10 minutes to 24 hours between recordings, without requiring any external timing components. Recording durations of either 1 second or 10 seconds is also selectable.
One additional feature allows manually triggered recordings to be initiated when all three interval inputs are at a low level. Recording will begin immediately and will continue as long as the inputs remain low. This combination is fully debounced, simplifying the interface to mechanical switches.
The ELM303 has been ‘hard–coded’ to send the Control L hex command ‘33’ (word 1) to device ‘18’ (word 0), and cannot be modified. Be sure to verify that these are appropriate for your camera before committing to any designs.
- Time-lapse video recording
- Security monitoring
- Long period time delay circuits
- Delays of 10 minutes to 24 hours with no external timing components
- Recording durations of 1 or 10 seconds
- Low power CMOS design – typically 1mA at 5V
- Security feature allows on demand recording
- Initial recording after 1 minute to verify system operation and connections
- Pulsed power output to control camera power
( PDIP or SOIC, top view )