NTSC Video Generator
The following are the unit prices, as you vary the quantity purchased:
All prices are in Canadian dollars. We use the total number purchased (ELM304P + ELM304SM) for the calculation.
The ELM304 is a low-cost NTSC video signal generator in an 8 pin package. It requires only a few external components in order to generate a stable monochrome raster that is useful in a variety of video applications.
The ELM304 can generate either a solid white raster or a four-level gray scale pattern simply by changing the logic level at the Mode input pin. An internal pullup resistor simplifies the connection of this pin to mechanical switches.
Although originally designed to provide a video input signal for use while recording audio on video cassette recorders, this circuit can also be used for many other instructional and test purposes. The low power consumption and small size of the circuit also makes it ideal for battery-powered applications.
Please note that while this circuit uses a colour- burst crystal as a timing reference, the ELM304 will not actually generate a colourburst, so the output is monochrome (ie ‘Black and White’).
- Video Source for Video Cassette Recorders
- Classroom Instructional Aid
- Test Bench Video Generator
- North American 525 line 60Hz NTSC signal
- Standard 1V p-p NTSC sync negative output
- Generates both solid and bar type patterns
- No external amplifier required
- Requires no adjustments
- Wide supply range – 3.0 to 5.5 volt operation
- Uses a standard 3.58MHz crystal
- Low power CMOS design
( PDIP or SOIC, top view )