Stepper Motor Controller
The following are the unit prices, as you vary the quantity purchased:
All prices are in Canadian dollars. We use the total number purchased (ELM311P + ELM311SM) for the calculation.
The ELM311 is an interface circuit for use between high speed logic and four phase stepper motor driver circuits. All of the logic required to provide stepping in two directions is contained in this one 8 pin package.
This circuit supports only one mode of operation, the full-step, or single phase wave mode, as it is sometimes called. This mode provides sequential single phase output signals for driving a variety of motors. For dual mode operation, the ELM310 should be considered.
The ELM311 can be controlled by a wide variety of circuits, due to its fully static operation. In addition to using high speed microprocessor control, suitably debounced mechanical switches or continuously running oscillator circuits could also be used.
- Stepper motor drive logic
- Process sequencing
- Sequential left/right LED driver
- Low power CMOS design – typically 1mA at 5V
- Wide supply range – 3.0 to 5.5 volt operation
- Two inputs control Full step motion
- No external timing components
- Completely static operation – will maintain a step position indefinitely
- High current drive outputs – up to 25 mA
- Very high speed – up to 25000 steps per second
( PDIP or SOIC, top view )