Stepper Motor Controller
The ELM313 is an interface circuit for use between high speed logic and four phase stepper motor driver circuits. All of the logic required to provide stepping in two directions is contained in this one 8 pin package.
This circuit supports only the full-step two phase mode of operation. This mode provides sequential phase control output signals for driving a variety of motors. In this mode, two phases are always energized, providing several advantages over single phase full (wave) stepping, at the cost of higher power consumption by the motor.
The ELM313 can be controlled by a wide variety of circuits, due to its fully static operation. In addition to using high speed microprocessor control, suitably debounced mechanical switches or continuously running oscillator circuits could also be used.
- Stepper motor drive logic
- Process sequencing
- Sequential left/right LED driver
- Low power CMOS design – typically 1mA at 5V
- Wide supply range – 3.0 to 5.5 volt operation
- Two inputs control Full step (two phase) motion
- No external timing components
- Completely static operation – will maintain a step position indefinitely
- High current drive outputs – up to 25 mA
- Very high speed – up to 25000 steps per second
( PDIP or SOIC, top view )
The following are the unit prices, as you vary the quantity purchased:
All prices are in Canadian dollars. We use the total number purchased (ELM313P + ELM313SM) for the calculation.
Select the desired integrated circuit package type, then the quantity desired, before adding it to your shopping cart. Quantity discounts will be applied as appropriate.