The ELM413 is both an LED controller and a circuit startup timer in an 8 pin package. The high current capabilities of its outputs allow most LEDs to be directly driven, usually only requiring a single current limiting resistor.
The circuit startup, or warmup feature is useful for allowing a stabilizing time period to pass before enabling other circuits. This type of function is often used in audio amplifier circuits where it is desirable to block the speaker outputs until the amplifier stages have stabilized. This can eliminate the annoying ‘pop’ occasionally heard from audio amplifiers.
The duration of the warmup period is selected by logic levels on two input pins, providing four discrete time intervals. All circuit timing is derived from internal circuitry, and no additional timing components are required for circuit operation.
- Pilot ‘lamp’ circuits
- Sequentially enabled systems
- Delay on operate circuits
- Audio amplifier power managers
- Monostable (one-shot) circuits
- Low power CMOS design – typically 1mA at 5V
- Operates over a supply range of 3.0 to 5.5 volts
- Schmitt trigger controlled operation
- Requires no external timing components
- Warmup periods from 0.1 to 5 seconds
- Auxiliary output active after warmup period
- High current drive outputs – up to 25 mA
( PDIP or SOIC, top view )
The following are the unit prices, as you vary the quantity purchased:
All prices are in Canadian dollars. We use the total number purchased (ELM413P + ELM413SM) for the calculation.
Select the desired integrated circuit package type, then the quantity desired, before adding it to your shopping cart. Quantity discounts will be applied as appropriate.