The ELM312 is an interface circuit for use between high speed logic and four phase stepper motor driver circuits. All of the logic required to provide stepping in two directions is contained in this one 8 pin package.
This circuit supports only the half-step mode of operation. This mode provides eight distinct phase control output signals for driving a variety of motors. For dual mode operation, the ELM310 should be considered.
The ELM312 can be controlled by a wide variety of circuits, due to its fully static operation. In addition to using high speed microprocessor control, suitably debounced mechanical switches or continuously running oscillator circuits could also be used.
- Stepper motor drive logic
- Process sequencing
- Sequential left/right LED driver
- Low power CMOS design – typically 1mA at 5V
- Wide supply range – 3.0 to 5.5 volt operation
- Two inputs control Half step motion
- No external timing components
- Completely static operation – will maintain a step position indefinitely
- High current drive outputs – up to 25 mA
- Very high speed – up to 25000 steps per second
( PDIP or SOIC, top view )
The following are the unit prices, as you vary the quantity purchased:
All prices are in Canadian dollars. We use the total number purchased (ELM312P + ELM312SM) for the calculation.
Select the desired integrated circuit package type, then the quantity desired, before adding it to your shopping cart. Quantity discounts will be applied as appropriate.